Sunday 1 July 2007

Yay for Tagging - originally posted 16th May

Thank you Victoria for the tag ;o)

Although I asked to be tagged when it actually happened I found I really didn't know what I would write - you'd have thought I'd have been planning my answers from the start, wouldn't you?! I'm weird like that - you know!!

So, when I saw I had been tagged, I set my sister to thinking what the definitive 7 weird things about me are - which you'd think would be quite simple - seeing as how weird (and wonderful) I can be... not so! As my sister put it "I'm so used to your weird ways that I just don't notice them anymore!!

But, eventually I worked out which 7 things to share with you all - and here they are:

Imaginationtree

1. I have an overactive imagination - chances are if you could read my thoughts at any one moment you would find a story going on! I love to people watch and imagine what is happening in people's lives. I can't help but give my teddies, animals, even flowers personalities. I see faces in woodwork and faeries in the garden and if you choose your words carefully I might find some hilarious connection between them - although whether said connection is funny or not tends to depend on the person as I have a rather quirky sense of humour!

Just the other day my sister was editing her essay and meant to type relationships and actually typed relationions. I immediately lost the plot and started going on about two little onions, one with a pink bow in her hair and one with a bow tie courting each other at the local fun-fair! Later she mentioned her aches had aches and a little image formed in my head of little green blobs with close-set, tiny eyes peering out from under a mass of unruly brown hair!! It's a laugh a minute in my head ;o)

Cellopreview

2. Cellos and certain words really turn me on - forget all the normal turn-ons - play me the deep, sultry notes of the lower scales of a cello or let me say the luscious, silky tones of a foreign language and bubbles of excitement form deep in my stomach! I cannot help it - I'm a complete language freak - and when I finally discovered how to roll my rs (something I thought I was completely unable to do) I spent every chance I had to practise!

Ironing

3. I love to iron and clean but I absolutely detest tidying-up and dusting - there is something uniquely therapeutic about ironing away the creases or wiping a surface clean but I just never seem to find myself able to keep a place tidy or spare the time to take everything off a shelf to throroughly dust it - I just always seem to find something else to do. My mum is a tidy-freak and used to even go into my room when I was a teenager and tidy up which annoyed the hell out of me!! I might not be tidy by anyone else's standards - and this even bugs me at times - but I am clean and I do have my own system of doing things. When somebody changes that to the "logical" way of doing things it completely throws me! I also get extremely antsy about personal space!! Funnily enough, I don't mind tidying up when I am at work or in someone's else's house - it's just my own space I am terrible at keeping organised!

Cow_grazing
4. I really want to have a "retired cow" when I am older. However much I know this would not benefit me or the environment much, I cannot help but want to give a cow that is too old for milking a field of grass to live the rest of her days in happy, peaceful company of a goat and some chickens :o)

E53220sx30i

5. I am not a very good cook - I have an obsession with use-by dates and hate cooking meat and eggs in case I poison someone! This comes from a phobia of vomiting and eating which developed when I was 9 and escalated until I was so underweight I was referred to the hospital. Although it no longer rules my life I still have issues with it all - and I used to feel like an awful friend and feared I'd make a terrible mother because I couldn't stand being around people who are throwing up. It's not just a dislike of it - it's a full on phobia - but one I have started to overcome through sheer determination and working in a nursery where within the first two days of being there I was throwing up with a stomach bug!!

Greenblacks2

6. I dislike alcohol and absolutely detest nightclubs - you can tell I made an excellent student LOL. My landlady in Russia did not understand this at all! I am about the only person on my dad's side of the family that doesn't drink - mostly because I hate the effects - it makes me very sleepy very quickly and I have been hungover a couple of times and I sincerely do not wish to repeat the experience! If I did like alcohol I would probably be an alcoholic though because I have an addictive nature to things I really love - like chocolate! Although I am very particular and it has to be Green and Black's chocolate ;o) Anything else I will eat but really not enjoy - so if I were a drinker I'd be a vintage wine snob I think!!

25453bpcrybabyposters

7. I can't cry in front of people - not even those I am very close to. I have trouble trusting others enough to let myself be so vulnerable. This stems from a lack of self-worth and self-esteem. I got used to hiding my tears and vulnerabilites from a very young age and it is so firmly rooted now that I am rarely unguarded when it comes to my emotions - but I'm working on it!

Oh, keeping it down to 7 weird things was hard - I hope I haven't bored you and that they were weird enough for you all!!

No comments: