Sunday 1 July 2007

Clear Out - originally published 24th April

I've spent the day listing books on eBay, sorting through my wardrobe and making one pile to keep and one pile to give to charity, and going through piles of paperwork. Phew - I am tired - and my room is a complete mess!!

It was funny looking through some of the stuff I had kept. I am the world's best/worst hoarder, you see, and I have letters from penpals from 10 years ago, old school work, receipts etc etc. I've started organising - there are now two or three files full of tickets, leaflets, photos etc from my travels which I am gonna try scrapbooking which should be fun. All other photos are going into a nice box. I'm only keep select coursework from university. I'm giving away my surplus foreign magazines/books and only keeping those I think I might use if I do decide to start teaching languages. And other things I have kept for purely sentimental reasons but really do not need to be kept are being thrown away. I am making space for the present and future and trying to hold on to only those memories that really deserve to be treasured for years to come - like my visits abroad.

I can't wait until everything is sorted. I feel as if this all needs to be done and order needs to be restored before I can really move forward - it's a time of change and what better time to make changes in all areas of my life. It feels good - but there's a long way to go yet!

No comments: