Sunday 1 July 2007

More bitter than coffee - originally posted 21st May

0-A_small_cup_of_coffee

I've been moving my poetry this evening from scraps of paper and the backs of envelopes to my hard drive to make it easier for myself when I take my business venture forwards (it's getting there). I'm not sure how much I have mentioned on here but I spent the most part of 2001 to the very beginning of 2007 extremely depressed. I would have happy lulls but on the whole I found life really hard and occasionally cried so hard I thought I might break.

I was very lucky to have amazing friends around me and a family who, although we may have rather large disputes, love me all the same. I also had my faith which never faltered - not once! This love and compassion I was offered and the faith that got me through was suddenly shown to me once more this evening as I found two poems written just days apart. I felt like sharing them with you.

Greuze_young_girl_weeping_for_her_d

More bitter than coffee (written 19/08/06)

I woke up this morning
with a tear in my eye
and my breath caught in my throat

Doubts and fears all flooded in
to fill my heart
So heavy, it struggled to beat

Hows and whys accompanied me to breakfast
holding conversation with my heart
more bitter than the coffee in my hand

The day was grey, though the sun shined
as I grabbed my coat and keys
and surrended to another day

And all I could do
was hope
That today would be better than the last.

Chalicewell

You stood by my side (written 30/08/06)

From the depths of despair
to the heights of emotion
I came,
following your voice
through a myriad of feelings
to find my centre once more.
You stood by my side
whispering sweet words
that softened the blows
as they came one by one
to test me.
The strength and courage
I found
were just a tiny flicker
in my soul
yet you, with your ever-seeing eyes
saw them and nurtured their flame
until one day
I saw them too.
Sometimes no words were spoken
yet my heart vibrated
with the sound of your love.
And now I am here
offering you these words
as my soul begins to sing
once more.

For all you have done
and all you have been
this song will continue
forever.


I'd like to thank each and every one of you whose blogs inspire me to live my dream and whose kind words make my day so bright! You are all such amazing women and I feel blessed to have come across you all!

Have a lovely week
Amanda xx

No comments: