Sunday 1 July 2007

Royalty in the Garden - originally posted 6th May

Since coming home I have been greeted each morning by something new and beautiful in my parents' garden.

The lilac tree which smells so sweet

Imag0101

The clematis which gets bigger every year

Imag0135

The peonies, behind which I used to hide (I was much smaller then!)

Imag0147

And the daises who smile up at me like old friends

Imag0129

But the ones I want to share with you today are the Iris flowers that stand so regally in our garden.

Imag0118

Imag0132_2

Irises have always captured a place in my heart and when I decided to paint a vase for my mum's Christmas present a couple of years ago I turned to them for inspiration

Imag0091

And as I begin to look for new ideas for my first collection of crafts in my business I turned once again to the Iris... I won't give the whole secret away (especially as I haven't decided yet if this particular item will make the final cut) but as I am sharing the garden with you I thought I'd share my "Ode to an Iris"

Within your heart I see the thrones
of Kings whose lives are etched in stone,
Yet here, today, you stand by me
O Iris, how I bow to thee!

Have a wonderful week, all!

p.s. sorry about the quality of some of the pictures and the date on them all - I have borrowed my sister's camera and haven't yet worked out how to use it successfully!!

No comments: