Sunday 1 July 2007

Let's celebrate - originally posted 14th May

Imag0134

I have so much to celebrate and be thankful for right now...

As of Saturday I am officially out of debt!! I cannot tell you how much of a relief this is and it helps to make me feel better about leaving the nursery - when I left I was over £1,000 in debt - all because of things like my rent going out before I got paid each month and the cost of living in Cambridge etc etc - just by coming home and getting my deposit on the house back etc etc I have cleared that £1,000 in less than a month!!

Imag0113_2

I have also just applied for a job which is perfect for me and I think I have a very good chance of getting it!! There is a company who recruit Support Workers for the University here. My sister has assistants due to her physical difficulties and she told was the one who suggested I apply. I have, to date, worked with disabled teenagers, elderly residents in a care home and babies - my track record in care/support work is extensive, covering all ages and all kinds of dependencies from supporting those with severe physical disabilities to those with learning disabilities - I feel very confident about my application and can imagine myself enjoying the role!!

Imag0121

There is, of course, another advantage to this job too - the ability to pick and choose the hours you work!! This flexibility is crucial right now, allowing me, I hope, to continue with my business ideas whilst bringing in a steady income. The job also pays an awful lot more per hour than most care work - something I never thought I would come across!!

Imag0133

Having said that - I have to draw this post to a close - my sister wants help carrying books to and from the library ;o)

Have a lovely day x

No comments: