Sunday 1 July 2007

Fabrics Galore - originally posted 8th May

I have had the most exciting couple of days!

Yesterday I spent the afternoon unstitching the following items of clothing:

Imag0181_2

However exciting new fabric is I cannot help but feel even more excited by the prospect of taking something old and turning it into something new! Last summer I found these gorgeous items in the charity shops and I finally found the time to pull them apart and store the different fabrics, buttons, laces etc ready for crafts :o)

I also knocked together a prototype of a butterfly I had in mind - however my sister told me it was too pointy and didn't look like a butterfly at all :o(

It's a little rough still - as I didn't get it finished - but, what do you guys think? Be honest!!

Imag0185

(I think I seriously need to figure this camera out to get better pictures!!)

I then went into town today to book my table at the university jumble sale on Friday - I'm hoping to finally clear some of the many books I have boxed up ready for new homes! And as I was in town and still have a fair bit of birthday money left to spend I went to the local craft store - and guess what I found there...

SPOTS!!!

Imag0182

Hmmmmm - I wonder what I'll make with those!! I have some ideas - so keep your eyes peeled for updates!!

No comments: