Thursday 11 January 2007

Dreams

I was talking to a friend last night about dreams and fears. She and I often go through similar issues around the same time - currently she is dealing with issues so scarily similar to the ones I was last week that when I was talking to her it was kinda like talking to myself!

Anyway - another similarity between her and myself is that we are both struggling with living what we have always dreamed of - that being writing. She is an incredibly talented writer, I have had the priviledge of reading some of her work (I would share some with you but it's in German) and look forward to the day when she let's go of her fears of not being good enough and simply writes! Which got me to thinking about my own writing dreams.

I love to write, always have and always will. I go through stages where I write incredible amounts of work and others where I just block off the creatvity and don't write a darned thing. I took the step a couple of months back of finally setting up a couple of blogs to showcase some of my poetry and some of my children's stories. This took a lot of courage, for me, because I was afraid that no one would see them or like them or even they might be "stolen". This was a fear I had to get over because I know they are good, they have touched a lot of people in the past and as for being "stolen" - well that's a risk I finally decided I was willing to take.

But I have bigger dreams. I wanted to self-publish a little book of my poems, just to share between close friends and family and perhaps make an extra bob or two - nothing major. I also dreamed of setting up my own mini-business, perhaps on ebay, offering personalised poetry - where I would offer to write a poem based on someone else's requirements - say for a birthday, wedding, whatever. I also dreamt of perhaps creating some artwork with my poetry... All these things would be wonderful, but they take time and again courage and this fear that I won't be good enough pops up yet again...

I think it's time I got out my EFT book, started tapping these fears and bit the bullet. And for fear of getting no replies - as it's delurking week and I have been delurking all over the place - if I have any readers, please leave a comment to help my poor little ego feel better ;o)

4 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

I saw you de lurk on a few blogs I read so I thought I'd take a peek. I think putting your stories and poems online is a great idea, but you might want to consider copyrighting your sites to protect yourself. I've been noticing a lot of people are doing that on just regular sites.

Oh, and I think the personalized poems is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

hi amanda,
i have just started reading some of your stuff.. it is great!
thanks for the link to reiki blogger..
hey, i was wondering if you would like to write a guest post on your reiki experiences? how you have found your attunements/workshops? send me an email if your are keen.. tc@reikiblogger.com
peace,tc

Amanda and Tim said...

Hi Emma - popped over to have a look at your blog - will comment later - thanks for posting here :o)

Tc - that sounds wonderful - I shall email you now!

Kelly Martin said...

Hi Amanda, all your dreams are wonderful. I am finding vein of gold is helping me realise about my own writing dreams and moving me through those fears (wink!).

Before you go to sleep have you tried saying "subconcious my heart sings about *whatever your dream is* I bring a way to me for this to happen and by morning I will be inspired with action" then go to sleep.

Love
Kelly x