Monday 22 January 2007

Sick day - and art


I called in sick today... not that I really wanted to money wise and all but I didn't want to pass on my conjunctivitis to anybody and whatever it is I have got it has spread to my sinuses and glands and I have had a pressure headache all weekend and feel quite dizzy at times... not really helpful for working in a room with 12 babies!!

I started the day laying on my bed feeling guilty for not going to work when my eye is clearly much better than it was the other day and I wonder why I have to be incredibly ill before I realise I need a break.

So now I am planning on using my day to do some art work, something which will relax me and is peaceful to hopefully help along my healing. I have managed to get to this point minus the ibuprofen suggested and just usingthe eydrops and the eyebath - so I am very thankful for that!! I hate taking tablets and such cos they always mess with my head/tummy so much.

So I thought I would post a piccie of one of the pieces of art I did last night. It is a variation on a design I made a couple of years back. I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about it but I just love the simplicity of it - the lack of minute details. I'd appreciate comments to let me know if people like this sort of thing or not ;o) I was thinking maybe I could branch out and paint little things like this and display my poetry in similar ways... what do you think?

2 comments:

liz said...

I hope your eye is clearing up...pink eye stinks (and stings!)
I like your art-- and by all means: bring on the art and poetry!

Chastity said...

Get well soon!