Saturday 13 January 2007

Let the cleaning commence

I am the most disgusting person ever - I even disgust myself sometimes... my room is a mess - and I mean a mess! I cannot walk across the floor, I have to climb the mountains of junk and I have dirty bowls and cutlery in here from the past three days *blushes*

I wish I were tidy - truly I do! My mum is the tidiest person ever - to the extent it really annoys me - you can leave the newspaper lying on the sofa whilst you go to the loo and you get back to find it's been put away lol "I was reading that" you'll say "Oh I thought you'd finished!" hehe

Anyway - I used to like saying that I was untidy in protest to the moaning I used to receive about things being a mess but now I just accept I'm a naturally untidy person and it takes an awful lot of work on my part to tidy up and keep things tidy. And this irritates me, because I do like tidy places *sigh*

Don't get me wrong, other than the dirty plates and my laziness through the working week - I am actually a clean person - I quite enjoy getting a cloth and cleaning up or mopping the floor or putting freshly cleaned sheets on my bed - I just find the tidying up part I have to do first too much of an obstacle to overcome sometimes.

So I have set aside the weekend to once and for all tidy my room and to donate all the things I do not need to charity so that there are less things to clutter me up and less things for me to make a mess with - sounds like a plan. The only problem being that as a lifelong hoarder I have so much junk I'll probably have to make 3 trips into town today with all the stuff I have and don't actually need lol

I so wish I could post a before and after picture but alas my camera has no batteries and I won't be able to get any until after the cleaning commences... you'll just have to picture it in your mind - go on, be ruthless - you can't be too far off the truth ;o)

5 comments:

Chastity said...

I'm the same way, but I'm trying to get better. I have tried my best to stop being such a pack rat, and since we recently moved I have started going through things and making a giant pile of stuff in my basement for a yard sale this summer. I think some of us are just predisposed for being a little less tidy. It doesn't mean we aren't clean, just that we aren't neat :).

Amanda and Tim said...

Oh I am so glad I'm not the only one *breaths a sigh of relief*

I cannot believe how much rubbish I have in my room *blushes* so far I've sorted all my clothes out and am now battling the crap scattered all over my floor!

Kelly Martin said...

ME TOO ME TOO!! I am sooo frustrated with myself right now. Me and Michael live in such a small home and we are just about fed up with living in such a small space. We know its about accepting what is before we move on we just find it soo challenging accepting it. I tidy and then me or Michael begin the road of leaving things out and it builds up and in such a small space it doesnt help. And Amanda my mum is like your mum her home is like a show home and if I left something on the sofa went to the toilet came back she would have put it away I hated her as a teenager and it used to drive me to insanity. Now I drive myself to insanity its a catch 22 insane circle = small space, fills up, tidy, fills up ARRRRGH!!

And you know what Amanda I have very little material things, compared to your average joe bloggs because of the small space I even took so much to the charity shops last year I realised I gave away nearly all my winter clothes oops! and tommorrow im going walking and I realised I have given away my walking boots!! I have just been growling around the flat about it all, so no your not the only one!

And it bugs me because I know my home reflects my internal landscape, i.e my mind and it bugs me because I know when i get back being untidy again it means I have allowed my mind to clutter me too much and well growl growl growl! caught me on a growly night !

Emma in Canada said...

Sadly, my house is very cluttered. I hate throwing the kids stuff away. Must start! And it does drive my mum mad, she rarely comes to visit.

Edyta said...

omg!
i didnt even get who's post have i just read, mine or yours! truly, i wish i didn't have a messy room as i do atm:D i am too lazy to do anything. oh and i also give my unnecessary stuff away to charity :)