Wednesday 24 January 2007

The flow of emotions


Sorry about the extremely poor picture quality today... but I think this gives a good enough idea of what I did on my day off :o)

This was my first attempt to portray a poem in a visual way. The words come from the beginning of a poem I wrote a couple of years back:

My Heart to Your Heart
Your Heart to Mine
Soul to Soul Forever
Through every Arc in Time

I am happy with it so I might try another poem another day. I am not the most talented of artists - I get annoyed sometimes that I cannot portray the beautiful images I see in my mind or in the world around me as I would like to - which is why I stick to the simpler things. But I can hold my own - and I am thankful that I am a creative person and I have this outlet for all the emotions within me.

For years my writing, which has always been and always will be my strong point in life (that and languages - it all joins up!) has been a way of expressing the deep emotions, dreams, hopes and desires I have inside which, through some issues I have yet to understand, I am unable to express verbally or by my actions. (Ok maybe language isn't such a strong point - how confusing was that sentence?? lol)

One day I hope to conquer these fears of mine and fully express myself in all aspects of my life - but I will always value and acknowledge the great gift that writing offers me. And so, I leave you with another one of my favourite poems (of which I have many lol) which I am hoping will be my next "visual" project.

The music of your soul rings through the night
Bell tolls and wind whispers sing of your song;
Your life is like an aria the birds love to sing
I hear them every time I call out your name

Have a lovely evening/day - and thanks again for all the lovely comments xox

No comments: