Sunday 14 January 2007

Photos

I cannot believe how much crap I had in my room nor how much cleaning I have achieved this weekend... and yet I am still unsatisfied as I know I took some shortcuts just to get it "tidy" for the week - so over the next week or two I'm gonna be weeding out more bits and bobs.

But here's the good part - I bought a new charger for my camera batteries and was able to take some photos of my newly tidied room - yippee!! I have hated not being able to post pictures on my blog - so now you get to see a glimpse into my world!!















This is a pic of my little, but sweet room. The advantage of having such a small space to fit all your belongings into is that you really do have to downsize or live in a mountain of mess as I previously have. The disadvantage of it is that everything goes in here and so there is no separation between sleep, work and playthings... also as it is a rented room I can work around the decor (which is thankfully very nice) but I cannot make it my very own - apart from the clothes rack, cd rack and the smaller set of drawers all the furniture is provided by the landlord.

The pile of bags you can see at the end of the room are bags of stuff I have to take down to the kitchen, cleaning supplies and food which for some reason I have in my room lol. I have another big pile of bags at the other end of my bed which I am not gonna take a picture of - this is because they are for recycling and to go in the bin, which is currently too full for me to put them in *sigh*






















This pic shows my clothes rack, as the landlord has not yet got around to putting in a wardrobe - this isn't a problem - or wouldn't be if I had thought to buy some more hangers for my clothes lol - but it does look less tidy than a wardrobe would. As you can see I have had to double up my clothes on hangers until they are nearly breaking under the pressure - perhaps this is telling me I have too many clothes?!

I do have about twice the amount of clothes I have managed to squeeze on there - the other half are currently awaiting a well-deserved trip to the washing machine and are tucked away in two drawers. The drawers would be vibrating with excitement if they weren't so squished in they couldn't move lol

My clean bedding, keyboard and sleeping bag are all tucked under my bed! Lots of cramming involved lol!!
















These are the plants I bought today - a peace lily and two kalenchoe plants - one with little red flowers and one with little yellow ones. I have had kalenchoe plants before but never a peace lily - let's hope I manage to look after them ok. The kalenchoe like plenty of sunlight so I may have to move them to my windowsill.

The little house is an embroidered house in which I place pieces of paper with people's name on who I am praying for or sending healing to. Sometimes I neglect to do this, but I hope to keep it going this time.

I have also finally managed to get my wolf picture out. I love wolves - they must be my favourite animal. They are so special and when I saw this picture I just had to get it :o)















This is the little green table from the first picture. On it I have a selection of my crystals and my oil burner (and currently my clock as I was sending healing to a friend and wanted to know what the time was!)

The two big crystals are actually tealight candle holders - the white is selenite and the pinky-orange one is a saltlamp. The pink one in front of them is a big chunk of rose quartz which is placed there to transmute the energies given out by my stereo which is nestled underneath the table.

I also have an oil burner and a set of crystals which correspond to the chakras and which I like to use when healing, for myself or others.















This picture, though unfortunately a little blurry, shows the beautiful ball that my friend made for me. Last summer a group of us from the online forum I admin for met up in Glastonbury, as the owner of the board was coming over from the US to visit and we thought it a fantastic time to meet up. One of the ladies from the board makes these wonderful balls and created this one for me. It was a wonderful surprise and I was completely shocked to find out that it was originally a pair of old tights! Yes, you heard me, those things you struggle with to put on without getting a ladder in them!! She screws them up into a ball and then wraps wool around them and gets tighter and tighter with thinner and thinner thread until she gets a ball shape. Then she embroiders these amazing designs onto the ball. How amazing is that?! They are called Temari balls. Have a look here to see one being made.

As a last little treat, into the world that is mine, here is a picture of the 5 sweetest little candle holders I found in the hospital shop the other day. They only cost my £1 each and I just couldn't resist getting a whole set for my windowsill.














Wasn't that worth the effort?! I think so!! And it didn't take all of my weekend up, as I managed to pop into town to post a parcel and donate some items to charity, meet up with my Aunty for coffee and to have my hair cut, chat to my landlord/landlord's dad and do some quality reading in the bath *sigh*

This evening I am sending reiki to a couple of people and I am so glad I have a nice peaceful room to do it in. And I will look forward to going to bed and dreaming of such sweet things in my calm and relaxing bedroom! I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my world :o)

2 comments:

Chastity said...

I just bought a peace lily a few weeks ago; yours is much larger...I had no idea they get so big.

Emma in Canada said...

It looks lovely!