Saturday 20 January 2007

Here's a look at the news in my life...

Apologies for the lack of post the past day or two and for this mixed bag of updates...

First of all - in national news - there have been massive storms this week in the UK and a number of people have been killed by trees, walls and roofs falling down (including a 2 year old boy - please send your prayers if you are a praying person) and lorries and buses being blown over! Many people have had periods without power as well - including some of the babies' parents at nursery - and the nursery had no hot water for a day and a half - so it's been quite a week...

Back to my life.

The nursery really annoyed me the other day and I am very close to contacting the authorities as I feel they need to be aware... I don't want to go into it as I don't know whether that is a good idea - but neddless to say I am concerned for the children and staff because of the poor way it is being run and dread something major happening...

And yesterday I had a sore eye - it felt like I had something in it and was gunking up a bit... I eventually found time to go to the toilet and check it out and found I had an eyelash stuck under my upper eyelid... I fished it out but then five minutes later had to go back to the toilet as I had green/yellow gunk pouring out of the corner of my eye - EWWWW!

Some of the kids have conjunctivitis so I thought that was what I had got - never had it before joining the nursery and had a small dose of it before Christmas. Anyway last night within a couple of hours it had swollen up quite impressively, felt liek my eye was under pressure and that mucus was forming all the way round the back of my eye - EUGH!!!

I woke up this morning and it took me 10 minutes to prise my eyelids open using boiled water and cotton buds... and it is red and swollen - I seriously look like I've been in a fight... So I trotted down to the pharmacy today (wearing sunglasses of course to hide my weird appearance) and the pharmacist thinks it is just conjunctivitis but she said it is really a bad reaction and has given me antibiotic eyedrops, an eyewash and Ibuprofen to take the swelling down and has told me that if it doesn't improve in the next couple of days I *must* go to see the doctor... I'm kinda hoping it improves by tonight - I hate feeling blocked up and right now I can feel it in my sinuses, my throat and also feel quite sick too :o( This is why this post is very short and a bit mixed up!!

In happier news - even though things are bad at the nursery I am dealing really well - my new outlook on life seems like it's here to stay!! Whoo hoo!! I also found an online community where you can meet people to chat with in different languages. I was chatting to a Syrian guy in Russian and then an Italian guy in English. The Italian guy was cool and we suddenly realised whilst talking that he is moving to Cambridge (where I live) in April - how cool and random is that?? I'm helping him look for a place to stay and in return he's gonna take me to his favourite pub when he gets over here :o)

My room is a bit of a mess again - oh dear - I was gonna tidy again today but think I might slob a bit and try letting my eye heal a bit before attempting it another day!

Hope you're all well and having a good weekend!

No comments: