Saturday 10 January 2009

Worst day

Ok so that whole sick thing I was talking about - definately hormonal! Today I have been an emotional wreck...

First I ran for my bus but it drove off and get this - I cried. At the bus stop. At 8am. *sigh*

I go to work at 8.30pm and set the alarm off for the whole of the Guidhall - WHOOPS. I've never had to turn it off before because there has always been someone in by that time so although I had been told the code I entered the las digit wrong and then panicked and put something else in and before I knew it the sirens were going and the keypad had locked itself. So I rang the number above the alarm and the lady was so rude. When I told her I'd put the code in wrong she just said "well put the right one in then" as if she were talking to an idiot (you know that tone of voice!) and when I explained to her that a) I knew the digits but wasn't sure which order they went in so had managed to lock the keypad by trying the wrong combination she treated me like a criminal/idiot and said "well what do you want me to do about it? Do you want me to send an emergency response out?" I tried explaining to her that no I didn't want vans pulling up outside and that was partly the reason I was calling to let them know it was a false alarm and also could she perhaps reset the keypad so that I could try again but she was so snotty I told her to just forget it and I'd wait for my supervisor to arrive. So there I stood outside the door and when he did arrive he didn't know what to do and we were locked out by this point. But thankfully someone else in the Guildhall managed to input the code in an unlocked keypad and it reset itself.

So that upset me - I'm in an emotional mood already thanks to the hormones and I've locked myself out and set the alarm off... I had to bite my lip so hard not to cry in front of my supervisor... I ran up the stairs to the toilet and cried and then went back to work.

Then during the morning I had to deal with all sorts of accommodations issues *sigh* - I hate accommodation. I also had to walk around handing out leaflets in the cold but only once - my supervisor did it the other two times and then decided we ween't doing it any more today. I love my supervisor lol.

So by lunchtime I was so wound up I cried again.

And when I got back I hid in the back office... only to hear a man shouting and being very rude to one of my colleagues and making her cry - omg had I been out there I might have shouted at him because he really upset her and all because he couldn't be bothered to walk across the road to use the public toilets and wanted to use our staff toilets (which btw we have to have entry tags and go past offices and up loads of stairs to get to - it would have been far harder for him to do that even if we'd let him!) Makes me so angry when people are rude - there is no need for it. Lucky for him he was shouting as he walked out the door otherwise I might have thrown him out.

By the tim my supervisor came back off lunch and I'd explained it all to him I was so tired I actually told him all about my hormonal week of crappiness lol poor man I don't think he really bargained on hearing about that but I didn't care by that point I was too emotional. He was very good though I told him that was why I was hiding in te back office doing behind the scenes things because I didn't want to lose it with a customer and he understood.

And then T came to pick me up to save me waiting in the cold for a bus. He gave me kisses and hugs... but then we argued over a silly little thing on the way home, which ladies I'm sure you know that when your hormones are in charge every tiny thing seems like a huge deal, right?! So I cried again when I got home (in the bathroom of course - it was silly to cry so I did it alone!) and then I came to blog about it all... so you got the high-strung emotional version - sorry about that!

I guess it's just one of those days - thank God I don't have to do anything tomorrow.

2 comments:

Redwoodhouse said...

Oh dear what a day, sounds as if T is a very nice bloke.
Hope your week improves.
Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi
I read with sympathy and support.
I too started a blogg and never did anymore through family troubles.
I upped sticks and moved with big ideas - had time out and never completed my dream.
I too am a Healer and should know better. I do not heal myself and fall to victim very easily, (something the above has been trying to show me the lesson to learn in 30+ years).
You have inspired me to start my blogg and get in touch with the Reiki bloggers.
Thank you.
You blips sound like mine! Went to Nepal and got Rat Urine Poisoning!!! Will have to change my thinking

Much love gillieshavenofpeace
Gill