Friday 9 January 2009

What a week...

It's been a crazy week...

Monday T had the day off and took me to see the hygienist (I've been waiting to see her for months since the dentist referred me). I have excellent teeth and apart from 5 years of brace-wearing and teeth pulling to make them all fit I have never had a problem with them. However my gums get sore and bleed a lot and apparently, so the lady told me on Monday, a large part of this is because I breathe through my mouth and it dries out the gums making them harder to keep clean. I never knew that. I now have a great dental routine she suggested and already they are looking and feeling much better - yay!

Tuesday I went to work - it was quiet but ok until I began to feel very sick, by the evening m stomach was rolling and I thought I was coming down with something...

Wednesday I had the day off work (as I'm working this weekend) and spent it in my pjs (yay). I felt sick on and off and was now beginning to wonder if it really was a stomach bug or my hormones (grr the things make me sick sometimes). Hehe I was also awoken at 6.30am to T jumping out of bed realising his alarm hadn't gone off and he had 10 mins before he had to leave for work - bless him!

Thursday I hardly slept at all last night - making me think even more that my nausea is hormone related. I never used to have problems sleeping but since the fake-menopause when I didn't sleep for weeks I occasionally have nights when I can't sleep. So I felt like a zombie.

Today well today was so quiet at work - it's crazy. I spent the day making flyers and discount vouchers to promote our New Year sale and tomorrow, apparently, I'm going to be walking in the freezing cold trying to entice people into the shop *sigh*. My manager thinks I'd be a better choice than the Saturday girls because I'll not be as intimidated about approaching people - but I get cold so easily (I've been wearing 2 t-shirts and 2 jumpers most of this week) and I don't own any boots so I will freeze!

I've been up and down all week and I'm still not sure whether I feel ill due to hormones or a stomach bug that is going round - I'm guessing the former because everyone who's had the bug has actually been sick and I've just felt sick. Also I had such a hot flush the other night - T (who is usually warmer than me by far) was huddled up near the fire and I was stripping off my clothes and begging him to let me open a window (bearing in mind it was about -8 outside!!) I thought the flushes had stopped but I guess not. So that, with the sleepless night and the fact I started getting cramps this afternoon and I felt sick for days and then today ate like a half-starved animal makes me sway towards the hormones. Plus I've got itchy boobies - nowhere near as drive-you-insane-itchy as last month but noticeable. If I feel ill tomorrow I'm just going to tell my supervisor I can't go out in the cold - hopefully because I usually stumble in even when I look awful (so they tell me) and carry on even when they tell me to go home the fact I'm telling them for once I can't do something will make them realise I really don't want to stand out in the cold handing out leaflets.

All I have to do now is stop myself feeling guilty about passing that joyful job onto some poor Saturday girl! I bet you my next post will be telling you all about my adventures in the cold - man I'm far too soft for my own good sometimes lol

No comments: