Friday 30 January 2009

Awards and Fun

Ok, so after the last few heavier posts I'm getting on to some more lighter, fun ones. If you want to read my endo update scroll down to the previous post.





But without further ado I must pass on the lovely award Clairey bestowed upon me yesterday - thanks Clairey!! Just to let you know, I met Clairey last year sometime (I think it was) and just fell in love with her blog and well Clairey too! She just cracks me up and I always feel so warmed by her posts. Seriously, go visit her if you haven't already!!





So this is the award:



Clairey's entry quotes the following about this particular award: "The authors say that blogs who receive this award are exceedingly charming. This blog invests in proximity in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be new friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandisement. Our hope is that when ribbons of these awards are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give your kind attention to these writers."

I always find it difficult to choose between all the wonderful blogs I read for passing on these awards but find great joy in trying to decided which ones fit which award and passing it on, hoping that the recipients will feel as much joy at receiving it as I did. So without further ado, here are my choices for this one:

Yes I *DO* know I have ten blogs listed below and I should only have eight but I don't care - I just couldn't cut it down any further and even so had to leave out several blogs I would have added had I not already exceeded my limit lol.. and yes I *DO* realise that nearly half of them are "endo blogs" but this award seems to fit those so well as the whole point of "endo blogs" is to develop friendships and support for such a painful illness. And YES I would have passed it on to Clairey had she not passed it on to me in the first place LOL

Maddy's Glass House - I love Maddy's writing style, enthusiasm and Aussie-ness :o) and look forward to reading updates on how she and her family are doing.

Higglety Pigglety - ever since finding out about Joanna and the adventures of Captain Rupert I have been a huge fan. I love exchanging the odd mail with them and even had the chance to write a poem about Captain Rupert which was an absolute joy as he is the funniest little bunny you will ever get to meet!

Vintage to Victorian - I adore reading Sue's updates on Dairy House Antiques - so charming - but even more I love the wonderfully, insightful posts like her recent one on "magic moments" from the past. Sue is such a friendly blogger and I am so glad I stumbled upon her blog one day.

Linden Grove - Simone's blog always excites me with her recent step-by-step projects and her tales of marmalade making etc and who could not adore the photos of Gizmo?!

Redwood House - Jan is such a friendly blogger, often popping by with a comment, and never forgetting to tell us tales of Jenny the dog (love Jenny) and recently the two cats - let's just say I love blogs which make me feel like I have been round for a cup of tea and know the whole family - that's what blogging is all about

(and on that note) Ragged Roses - was one of the first blogs I ever visited regularly and I feel as if I know Kim and her family like my very own, such are her tales of family days out and nights in with the girls, watching films they adore... I cannot enthuse enough about how much I love reading her updates!

Bio Girl - I found Sarah's blog only recently but have been an avid reader ever since - I love her wit and reading her blog is always a joy because she seems to be forever happy at the moment!

Ready Go: Battling Endometriosis - I had to include Amy because she has become such a close friend since I found her blog and we both starting injections (she continued when I couldn't). She is having such a hard time at the moment healthwise, and yet still finds the time and energy to invest in others - she is inspiring even though she may not feel that way and to me she embodies this award more than anyone else right now!

Jeanne's Endo Blog - I have been reading Jeanne's blog for a while but only starting exchanging messages last week and so although our friendship is new I want to pass on this award because of all the time and effort she puts in to helping others to cope with their pain and becoming such a great friend to so many people!

My Journey with Endometriosis - This was the very first "endo blog" I ever found and read and it was so friendly and inspiring that it led me to search for more. How can I not include this blog in my list of blogs which inspired friendship and closeness?

I hope you enjoy visiting some of these blogs - and those of you who I have passed it on to enjoy receiving the award and choosing people to pass it on to.

Amanda x

10 comments:

this is my patch said...

Well done Amanda, I like what it means to win this award. x

Anonymous said...

Ohh thank you so much, how very nice indeed. Well first I'd like to say a big thank you to YOU for reading and enjoying and returning and then I'd better thank Clair for giving the award to you.

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Amanda

Thank you so much for those lovely words and for giving me the award. I'll respond on my blog just as soon as I have a moment. I'm hoping an exceedingly hectic period will slow down after the weekend!

Sue x

My Endo Journey said...

Thanks Amanda! ;)

Simone said...

Thanks Amanda. That's very kind of you. I hope that you are feeling better.

Claire said...

Hi Amanda, well desereved for you!! Thats the one thing about blogging, you can write about waht ever you want! You will always get such support on here!!
I have tagged you, I havent actually posted about it yet, you have to choose the 4th file in your picture file and choose the
4th picture and post about it! This tag seems to be bringing back lots of happy memories, its a god one!! Have a good week! Claire xx

Claire said...

did mean good one!! xx

ReadyGo said...

Thank you thank you thank you Amanda! What a beautiful award, and my first one! :) I'm trying to post a response on my blog now, but my brain is all foggy and slow these days...so hopefully I'll get one up soon :) hehe

Jeanne said...

Amanda,

Thank you again for the award! I finally posted it on my blog just now! I have been really, really sick and I'm finally getting just a little caught up. Check out my blog post today where I rave about this blog!! :)

Take care,

Jeanne

P.S. (I still owe you some comment replies on my blog. I'm still catching up moderating comments. I'm quite overwhelmed right now)!

Joanna said...

Captain Rupert and I are very excited to get such a nice award thank you and sorry as usual we are very bad at getting round to reading blogs. We have had another nasty sickly laptop with a virus. We love your poem and its by my desk pinned up on my washing line. We do mean to have some pictures for it oneday but alas this year just has not been the most productive. Many thanks x