Thursday 1 February 2007

Ouch!

Ok - first off - this is another moan-post so apologies and please skip it if you like!

I think I must have an infection... I never felt completely well after my conjunctivitis and now all my joints ache so much! I have hypermobility of the joints and whereas that caused me mega pain when I was a teenager I hardly notice it anymore. If my joints hurt it usually means either there is a marked change in the weather or I am ill :o(

They've been hurting for a few days - first a sharp stabbing pain in my knee, like it is going to collapse under me, when I walked down the stairs and then aching in my wrists. Yesterday at work it got worse, however. I had pins and needles in my hands (weird feeling that one was), I felt so weak I really stuggled to pick up babies I usually manage to swing about and hold high above my head and I feared my wrists or knees or ankles would give way and I'd fall or hurt one of them. Then someone mentioned I looked ill and about an hour later I actually began to feel very sick too. *sigh*. The worst part is that even though I feel like absolute crap today I still have to go into work because a) we're having a staff meeting after work which is crucial everybody attend (it is related to all the changes they are making within the nursery as a result of all the complaints - whoo hoo) and b) I can't afford the day off. Luckily the girl I work with told me that she'd make it an easy day for me - feeding bottles and filling in paperwork rather than cleaning tables and floors and changing tons of nappies...

I hate being ill/in pain - that's a silly thing to say, everybody hates it lol - but I hate it because it makes me grumpy. I like to be happy and calm and my workplace is often stressed and grumpy enough as it is. I lost my temper with a girl yesterday and I felt so bad - of course I lost it because she was failing to do her job properly repeatedly (she always does) but normally I would try tactfully talking to her - yesterday I just yelled at her. I really hate being a grump... thankfully someone at work told me my being a "grump" is most people's "normal" so perhaps I just get too worried about not being happy, nice and friendly Amanda...

I just hope today is a relatively easy day because I'm gonna be at work for probably 12 hours when you count the meeting and the nursery does not do letting you go home if you're sick... even if you're throwing up or have a swollen eye/face (like a girl did last week) it is not an option and yesterday I was told "don't say that" when I said I felt ill and "go have a little break" *sigh* I love my work but sometimes it really sucks...

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Get well soon! Ear aches are the pits.