Sunday 4 February 2007

This could be a problem...

My finances have been playing on my mind for months - well years really - being a student taught me to be very careful with my money. But now I am working I had thought things would get better. Not so. Not only am I not making any money - I am actually losing money and getting into more debt rather than paying off my student debt... this is a MASSIVE problem...

It's shocking that I work my butt off and earn so little I cannot afford to live - and I am incredibly careful with my money. I even find myself feeling guilty for buying good quality food sometimes because I can't afford it... how wrong is that?

So now I am faced with a huge dilemna... do I leave the nursery or do I stay and end up having to get a second job (which I think is against my contract anyway). I really don't want to leave because however crappy the nursery is I love my babies far too much and their parents are lovely too and it would break my heart to leave them. I also don't want to have the upheaval of changing jobs yet again. But how can I afford to live when I can't afford to live - if that makes any sense at all??

Anyone who reads this and prays, please say a prayer for me that I may see the way to go forward. I feel lost right now - I have finally found somewhere where I am relatively happy and now money gets in the way.

2 comments:

Chastity said...

I hate to be a bummer, but I'll tell you what I really think. The main reason any of us work is for money; it stinks, but that's the way it is. Some of us are more money driven than others, for instance, I'm a teacher, and everyone knows I could have found a career that pays more, but it still pays the bills. If I were you, I'd start searching for another full time job to replace the one you have now, but I'd be very selective about what I actually choose to take. You may actually find something that is equally ore maybe even more rewarding.

Amanda and Tim said...

Thanks! I know we all work for money but I do findthat hard - especially as I worked for free through most of my uni life - it's something I have to overcome!! I'm keeping my options open as regards to ways to make more money - will post about it!