Saturday 9 December 2006

To blog or not to blog - that is the question

Although I find writing here on a regular basis very therapeutic I am unsure as to whether I should simply write on my laptop rather than on the web.

I'm unsure of my reasons for blogging to be quite honest... I love reading a variety of blogs and once I had set up my blogs for my writing (which was easier than setting up a good looking website which I had tried before) I decided to set up this one so that at least if I commented on someone's blog I wouldn't be some random, obscure nobody... why the thought of being that bothers me I am not quite sure atm... I am sure I will figure it out with time.

But because of this and the nature of my ramblings I'm not sure whether it's worth keeping the blog going or not. My parents apparently had a look at it the other day and my dad told me I should be really careful what I write here - in particular he was worried about my post on daycare (which I have since deleted from the internet) because he was afraid that I might offend someone and I couldn't be bothered to argue... to be fair the last thing I want to do is offend someone - I only wrote my opinion because it was strong in my mind that day!

So for the time being I am going to keep the blog going, simply because I haven't decided whether to delete it or not and I don't want to have to go through the process of setting it up again if I later decide I want one. Perhaps the way to go is to turn this blog into a themed blog and only post things related to one aspect of my life and journal my random musings on my laptop. I'll have to think a bit more about this one...

No comments: