Saturday 16 December 2006

A new friend

I'm going out on Tuesday to meet a new friend I've possibly made - sounds weird huh?

I was online searching for language buddies when I came across a guy who is also new to Cambridge and looking for new people to hang around with (you know what it's like when you move to a new place - it takes a while to make new connections). Anyway this guy is a nursing assistant for child psychiatric patients - sounds right up my street! So we're meeting for a drink and a chat on Tuesday to see if we get on and if so it looks like I might have a new buddy to do things like go to the cinema with! Yay!

I popped into Specsavers to give them my Christmas card today and they were really busy - apparently it's been dead quiet - trust me to go and see my owld workplace when it was hectic!! But it was nice to say hi, if a bit (no, very) weird! And it reminds me I need to text my friend from the other store as we were planning on meeting up weeks ago but cos of my illness we haven't got round to it...

On the topic of illness - I pulled a muscle in my chest yesterday. Not sure whether I did it coughing or picking up a baby off the floor but it certainly hurts to cough today!! I also kept waking up in the night cos of my coughing only to find my right eye was stuck closed... turns out I have caught conjunctivitis from somebody - certainly something I wasn't expecting... but that seems to have improved so impressively during my shopping spree for Christmas pressies today that I am very thankful my body seems to be fighting back with a vengeance!!

So now I'm chilling - recovering from the exhausting shop and thinking I really should tidy my room and display my Christmas cards and put up my fairy lights and some tinsel - really get into the spirit of Christmas somewhat - before it's too late and it's gone...

No comments: