Saturday 3 March 2007

New Look

I've been unhappy with the way my blog looked for a long time - pretty much since I started it and so today I've been trawling through the few photos I have on my laptop trying to find something to add a bit of art to my blog. I love this picture as it reminds me of a happy summer's evening in my friend's garden. It was a peaceful evening and I happened to look outside and see this scene. The photo really doesn't do it justice - but I just felt so serene and moved looking at it.

I feel it is also rather symbolic of what I have recently being going through - looking at life from a different angle. Instead of looking at the sun and the bird table I happened to look at the shadows they created together and saw beauty. I think that sometimes in life we need to turn around and look behind us to really see what we are missing. Sometimes we are so eager to get to the source of something that we miss the point altogether.

This has been so true for me lately. At the beginning of this year I turned my life around by choosing to see that I was responsible for the way I was feeling. For example - I regretted going to university and not being courageous enough to stand up to others and say "this isn't for me" so much that I missed the incredible lessons it taught me and the fact that others weren't to blame for keeping me there but essentially it was my choice to stay. In another example - I had been making changes in my life and acting differently to before and was angry that others were reacting badly to it - rather than seeing that they were simply confused by what was happening in my life.

I guess the biggest thing this picture means for me is that there is always another view - one I am not always aware of - but one which is incredibly beautiful and makes me go "Ahhhhh!" when I see it. It symbolises, for me, that there is a greater plan in life than I am aware of. Call it God, my Higher Self or whatever you choose to - I believe that there is a greater plan and I simply have to turn around and see. I may be fumbling along, wondering where I am going and what is coming next - but essentially all is provided for. There is an answer - I just haven't found it yet - or I do not see enough of it to make sense of it. It will come and when it does it will be so perfect and so natural that I will sigh and take a little leap of joy.

The photo may be simple - the text may not be perfect - but for me it symbolises where I am now and the ability to dream.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: