Sunday 18 March 2007

Limbo

I feel as if I am in limbo - now that I have decided to go home I just want to be there already but I have to give 4 weeks notice at work. I am only working 2 days this coming week though (due to annual leave) so it will only really be 3 and a bit weeks. But as I am visiting home this coming week it is going to be hard coming back.

I've also been on edge since Friday because I had finalised things with the family and my landlord but still have to give my notice in at work and tell my work colleagues and all the parents, which isn't going to be easy. I just want to get that over with as quickly as possible.

I was thinking I might print off copies of my "Scamp" stories for the parents in my room to keep for when their children get a bit older and want to read such stories - might be a nice (and cheap) leaving present.

Talking about writing - I'm thinking I might try out a writing course/group on the board I admin for to try out a few ideas - I have felt for a couple of years now I should be doing my own thing. When I go back home this week I'm gonna discuss with my dad the possibility of not getting a job straight away and devoting some time to really researching possibilities of using my language/writing skills to earn some money. I believe I can make it work - it is just fear of what others may think of it and it not being a "proper job" which bothers me - and the fact it won't bring money in straight away... I shall have to think about it

The 24 hour prayer that I mentioned a while back is happening right as I type this. I have already done 2 half-hour shifts and have another 2 to do before it is over. We haven't quite managed 24 hours but we have covered 10 hours with people in shifts and a few others have said they will pray with us when they get the chance through the day - so I am really thankful for everybody who has shown an interest in this as it makes all the research into time zones, the preparations, emails with prayer requests etc I have done seem worthwhile. I am just so grateful to know so many wonderful people.

That's about it news-wise for now. I am in the process of packing my stuff away into boxes and bags ready to take home - I know I have 4 weeks left but that will fl by once I am back at work and there is no point me tidying up and then packing later I may as well just start the packing process now.

2 comments:

Irish Sallygardens said...

I'm sure all will work out for you, and you'll choose the best path for your happiness.

Amanda and Tim said...

Thank you so much!