Tuesday 15 January 2008

Oh how I wish I had a camera

Because then I could show you all sorts of things...

Like what my darling T looks like

And the peg bag I made for my mum for Christmas

Or the baby blanket I am making for my sister's friend's current bump

I could even show you the scarf I just started crocheting to send to Germany, including how my first row was too tight, as usual, and how I tried to combat this by dropping a stitch in a later row and how this was a big mistake because the row was in triple crochet stitch and I now have a very visible "mistake". I could even tell you how instead of being a good little crocheter and going back to rectify the problem I carried on and added a stitch in the next single crochet stitch row *sigh*... and all because I have three scarves to make in a short length of time...

So maybe it's a good thing I can't actually show you my error... because then you might just have to step in and tell me that I just have to go back and change it even though I am now about ten rows further along my completely pattern free scarf that will probably be completely wrong by the time I finish... go on... you can say it... what a bad little crafter I am!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hiya, you sound very creative, I am in my mind but useless at trying to make anything in reality, even though I'm mad about crafts and interiors, think it's something to do with being left handed ( sometimes can't even cut with a pair of scissors ) Definatly appreciate people like yourselves to make beautiful things...