Sunday 6 January 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I try to make a resolution each year - it seems like such a lovely idea - and I try to always make it something I want to do to make it easier to stick to. One year I made the resolution to let go of all the old rubbish I was holding on to (emotionally wise) and let the new good stuff in... that was the year I found an online community who I love dearly (and have met many members in real life) and the year I went to Germany and had a wonderful time. Last year I made the resolution to start living my life as I wanted to live it and not let other people's expectations stop me - and it was the year that I tried many ventures and began to realise what it was I really wanted in my life. It was also the year I began the most wonderful relationship of my life *big grin*

This New Year I didn't make a resolution - rather I made a collage with my love. We sat on the kitchen floor of T's sister's house (we were house-sitting) and cut up old copies of Country Living magazine and the National Trust magazines I had lying around and made an A2 sized collage of all the things we want to create and attract into our lives this coming year.

It took us hours yet it was the most pleasurable thing to do. We discussed our hopes and dreams with each other and found photos and phrases to express our wish of my move back to Cambridge, the finding of a home for ourselves, the success of T's new job and the finding of a good job for me, plus the time to invest in our house and our families.

I shall update with a photo once T emails it to me - it really is the most beautiful thing (to me). So this year there is no resolution - just a dream - that the collage of our love may come true. *cue the sniffing into tissues and gagging at the soppiness of that last sentence - hehe*

No comments: