Tuesday 22 July 2008

Thought I'd better...

post an update to my earlier post - I was feeling rather sorry for myself at that particular point in time, so please excuse the tone of it! So I thought I'd leave you with some highlights of my life recently- just to lighten the blog a bit:

1) Seeing the children from both nurseries perform a production on space this weekend - yes that includes the 5 month old baby holding a sun whilst on stage!!! Some of the kids were just so darn cute - running to the front and waving to their parents hehe - and I was so emotional watching them (I wasn't able to take part 'cos of the lights and could actally only watch half of it but I had seen it in the rehearsals anyway). Can you imagine it - they all came on to the theme from Star Trek, danced to Star Trekkin', Space Pirates, and loads of other space-y classics!

2) Cleaning up poo from the carpet - this is an actual highlight because you know why? However much I'm gonna miss the nursery I know without a doubt that I will not miss cleaning up piles of poo whilst trying to keep the other babies from touching/crawling in it *ew*

3) Finding out my friend from school had her first baby the other day - by emergency c section but both are ok and baby was born weighing 8lb 5 and a half oz - not bad to say she was a few days early too!

4) Watching films such as Fairytale and Dances With Wolves (still working on getting T to watch A Walk To Remember and hoping to get a copy of Seven Years in Tibet and Dead Poets' Society) I think we might watch The Color Purple next :o)

5) Discovering the joys of South Park! I'd never watched South Park before meeting T (we watched a few episodes the first weekend we both realised we felt more for each other than friendship and didn't want to go to bed hehe). We watched the movie the other night and then discovered that T had a load of episodes on dvd too - maybe it's cos I watch them with T but I always thought South Park was weird at best and downright rubbish at worst but now I seem to have caught the bug!

6) Making blackcurrant jam from the blackcurrants in my dad's garden and this year having T to share the mixing with, meaning my arm didn't get half as tired!!

7) Taking evening strolls down the common and seeing the bunny rabbits bobbing along with their cotton-wool tails and meeting the cows whilst trying to fight our way through the thistles to the more hidden places where we could meditate in peace *sigh*

8) Hand-making a gift-book for my uncle's birthday - with each page a line from a poem all about him, and choosing the photos to go with each bit :oD

9) Talking to T about what sort of wedding we'll have when we decide to get married (no we are NOT getting married... yet... but we will... one day!) It's so much fun thinking of what we'll do and where we'll have it and what we'll make our guests wear (hehehehe). We're thinking simple but fun - like a magician who wanders the crowds instead of a band, ring toss and other such village fete games instead of making everyone dance (though dancing WILL be allowed lol), and potted plants instead of cut flowers, so that everyone (well not everyone but every family maybe) can take one home as a memento. I'll carry flowers though - don't think carrying a potted fern or cactus would have quite the same effect as a lovely bunch of wildflowers somehow - however classy the pot was :op

Oooh thinking of these things doesn't half make me smile! *Note to self - you're not engaged yet tee hee hee*

10) Playing pranks on T - omg I am SO bad at this!! Once I hid in the cupboard in our bedroom, but when I jumped out it lacked force and he so didn't jump. So I did it again, making sure he saw me go in and making him think I'd left and so next time he looked in I jumped out and scare the heck out of him!! Ooooh and putting crystals at the foot of the bed, so when he gets in his toe touches it and he yelps... oh I am so evil!!!! But it doesn't half make me laugh - and gets him back for all those times he tickled me. Btw I've now discovered his tickly spots too so I am right back on top of the master of tickling - nevermore shall I be at his mercy when I know exactly where to hit him back :oD

Maybe I shouldn't have added that last one - you probably all think I'm just plain nuts now... but you'd be right so I guess it doesn't really matter!!

I definately feel better after thinking of those good times - gotta remember the good times!!

Have a lovely evening
Amanda xx

1 comment:

mamapé said...

hey hun! *HUG* you definitely sounded like you needed a hug on the last post, poor you! the new job sounds great- and you know, even though i'm not exactly a fan of starting new jobs myself (since i've worked in retail which i don't like i guess), i'm sure this one will give you just the fresh outlook and added confidence in yourself that you need to give you a boost right now :)

sounds like you're still managing to look on the bright side, as always, despite some of the less fun things in life, and i enjoyed your description of your future wedding!

i do have ONE objection though! you'll have to get married soon if you want to have the cutest flower-girl in the world! - yep, we found out at our scan on Monday that we're having a baby girl :D

seriously, keep us all updated, i've been looking on your blog for ages to see how you were doing, tsk, and tell us how everything is going :) xxx