Tuesday 12 February 2008

Lies

Having seen this little game (Six Lies and Two Truths) dotted around the blogging world I decided I just had to join in. If you haven't already come across it the concept is simple - I post 8 things about me - two will be truths and six will be absolute lies! You can then email me at dreamslastforever{at}hotmail{dot}com with your guess as to which two are the truth about me. Simple!

I feel quite bad about lying to you lol... but I do find the whole idea of people guessing which are true quite fascinating. I can't wait to see how people actually view me because your guesses must say a lot about that! Also, I'm hoping that the offer of prize for the first person to email me with the correct guesses might encourage some of your lurkers to post (and yes since finally setting up a stat meter for my site I now know that I *do* have lurkers - yay me!)

Oh one last thing... if you know me in real life you can't play - sorry. Not that many people I know in real life read this.

So, without further ado, here goes...

1. I always dreamt of being an air hostess since flying for the first time as a child. The uniform, lifestyle and idea of helping people just seemed so perfect. Unfortunately I am 2 inches too short to be accepted onto any training programme.

2. I am terrified of dogs after having been bitten by one as a child. Seriously, even seeing a dog on the tv makes me stomach squirm.

3. I adore sci-fi and was even a member of the sci-fi society at university - I have the hoodie to prove it.

4. I have been a Buddhist for 5 years now and always make time to meditate each morning and night. I even get up at 5:30am 3 days a week to enable me to practise yoga before going to work too.

5. I once starred in a local tv production about the history of our town. I was 8 years old and absolutely loved dressing up in all the costumes and playing old fashioned games whilst the cameras rolled.

6. I am a keen gardener and can name pretty much any plant we come across at the local garden centre. Even my parents come to me for advice about which plants to buy for their own garden - I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to facts!

7. I started drinking alcohol at a young age and would probably have been an alcoholic by now if it weren't for a life-changing experience.

8. I was totally accident-prone as a child and my x-ray file is so large I'm sure I should glow by now. Somehow, though, I never managed to break anything.

That's it - place your bets and sit tight for the results. I'm quite excited by this because even my lies have stories behind them (but they ARE lies I promise I didn't cheat!) I haven't quite decided what the prize will be yet but I'm sure I can rustle something good up.

3 comments:

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Amanda, you are a very good liar....all of these sound like they could be very true...will be eager to hear which statements are false...you are going to tell us, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you're a gardening buddhist!

Chastity said...

#3 and #8