Monday 25 June 2007

The Good and the Bad of it... originally posted 11th April

Today's been one of those days where it's been both really good and really bad - do you know what I mean?

I've still got a headache I've had since Sunday - so there have been times today when the babies' crying has really grated! And yet, there was also an hour when all our babies were either asleep or out on a walk with some of the other nursery assistants - so that was the good part!

Then this afternoon one of our babies had a temperature of 39.2 - this was the same one who had a temp. of 40 last week! It's a nasty bug that's going round and he looked so poorly. It's so hard when they are that hot 'cos you just want to comfort them and yet you don't want to hug them too much as you're trying to bring their temp down to a safer and more comfortable level... I don't envy the parents at those times - it's hard enough just being the hired help!

And just as I was leaving one of the babies pushed another one over who hit her head on a piece of furniture, leaving a lovely dint (and bruise-to-be) on her forehead and making her gums bleed! Poor darling!! So, yeah - it was one of those days!!

And yet - the good part (for me) was that I got to leave at 5:15, with the sun still shining and sit in Anna's garden on her new bistro chairs enjoying the evening sun, talking to the neighbour about the chickens and tickling Smith (the cat) whilst the rest of the nursery were having a meeting. The perks of leaving - no more unpaid, 2-hour-long meetings starting at 6:30pm!! Whoo hoo! Although I can't help but feel a little bad for those stuck at work still!

I also got to show Anna some of my ideas for my "business" and she was so excited about it. She really loves what I have come up with and has told me to get going with it NOW and that she wants "one of these, and one of these... oh and I really want one of those!" Talk about encouragement!! **does a little happy dance**

So today has been both good and bad - in pretty much equal measure... I can live with that!!

No comments: