Friday 1 May 2009

Update, Birthday and Time off

Ok I have the shortest time before getting ready for work so apologies for the bullets!

  • I haven't been around much because I have felt the need to cut back my online time. I just haven't got the time or energy to do everything I want to and can't sit looking at a screen for as long as I used to. I have streamlined my bloglines feed to keep my endo friends and the baby blogs so that I can keep up with those who have things going on in their lives I don't want to miss - but the others I am not reading for the time being. I also won't be blogging myself as much - I can't cut myself off entirely but I need to cut back.
  • It was my birthday on Tuesday and I had a wonderful day in the garden - how blissful. T also bought me the soundtrack to Sister Act which has been playing constantly - do you know how this is the best present ever for me?! Well it is.
  • I saw occupational health on Wednesday which was um interesting. The nurse was concerned by how much I travel and work when I obviously cannot cope with it all whilst suffering with the endo and IBS. She wants me to cut down my hours or be redeployed to another area "short-term" until I get things under control healthwise - I can see why and in one way this is good but in another I don't want to lose my job because of it. She also wants me to see my GP and get a referral to both a nutritionalist and a pain management clinic as well as take up yoga again all to help me cope with what I do have because quite frankly I now have to accept this is a chronic condition. Damn.
  • Hence I got all upset and upset T that night by going over the fact that we may not ever be able to have children because a) I might not be able to fall pregnant, b) if I could I don't know if my body could cope with pregnancy as it doesn't cope with hormonal changes well and I would hate to have to make that decision or c) we just may not be able to afford it if I can't work due to health when I earn more than he does. Double damn.
  • I have my pre-op next week and then my lap on the 13th - let's hope they find something they can deal with to help make me feel better because I feel CRAP right now. I've had cramps since the weekend and the past 3 days I've had pain around my left ovary and shooting pains from there around my hip and down my leg - what's with that?? I've never had that before!! It hurts like hell though and now I feel sick as anything with trying to work - if I didn't have a meeting with my manager about improving the disabled guide for tourists which I have waited for weeks for I would call in sick today.
  • On the up side of things though I spoke to a friend on the phone I haven't seen since graduating and it was just like old times - so happy - and I am going to add skype this weekend to catch up with another friend and finally get round to calling others seen as though I have a 3 day weekend coming up - yay!!

Got to go to work now - hopefully be back in the not too distant future!

No comments: