Thursday 7 May 2009

Think of me?

I have my lap on Wednesday. I'm really hoping that this will be the turning point of this long run of ill health I've had and I'll be able to get back to blogging about nice, happy things instead of moaning all the time - I hate moaning, talking about happy things is far more fun... and leaves room for posting pretty pictures too!

So, I had my pre-op assessment on Tuesday which went well. Prior to the appointment I was terrified of this op because my last one was less than pleasant. Having spoken to the nurse however I now realise that my experience was not just bad because of the complications and the terrible nausea following it, but the way the whole thing was handled was incorrect... "breach of confidentiality" actually came into the conversation - so although it could have been a hell of a lot worse, it was actually pretty bad and I was expecting the same thing to happen again. But now I feel far more confident - I am nervous still, of course, but I'm ok with it now.

I'll be treated in the new treatment centre in one of the largest hospitals in the UK - you can't really worry that much when you're in such good hands, can you? Plus T has been telling me all about it, seen as though he works at the hospital and knows some things about how wards work etc. In fact having someone look after me who looks after people post-op regularly is ideal - he'll be prepared for the nausea (unless they manage to get the anaesthetic right for me this time and avoid the nausea - here's hoping) and the tears - why do people cry after it, I never understood that!

Anyway, I am nervous but looking forward to it being over - I hope they find something they can deal with because that would really be the ideal - if they find it and can treat it then great... of course I hope they don't find too much... so if you're a praying, sending good thoughts, or energy healing kind of person then please think of me this coming Wednesday... I'd really appreciate it!

Edit: I forgot to say - my BMI was perfect and my blood pressure "textbook" according to the nurse on Tuesday - I am over the moon!! I don't think I have ever been like that - underweight, yes, slightly overweight, yes, high blood pressure, yes... let's hope this bodes well!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Amanda,

I would imagine you are looking for some symptom relief after having yet another laparoscopic surgery. I'm hoping you get relief from your symptoms and that it lasts awhile before returning.

I don't know if your doctor has mentioned any sort of follow up treatment afterwards but I really hope you can get your symptoms effectively managed with this stubborn condition.

Best wishes for Wednesday!

Jeanne