Thursday 9 April 2009

Updates for Easter

I haven't got much time to blog at the moment so I thought I'd just leave a few quick pointers:

  • My Grandma is coming to stay with us this weekend - I am SO excited I cannot tell you. I love my Grandma, she is like a part of my soul because she knows what is in my heart so well, be it something serious, something spiritual or something utterl ridiculous that we just have to giggle about. I am very much like my Grandma and that makes me happy because she is an amazing lady and I hope to be as amazing as she is when I am older!
  • Tomorrow is my last day before Easter - I will then have worked 7 days in a row. I am so ready for the rest because I have spent most of those 7 days in pain so I am doubly tired. At least tomorrow and Monday are short days (11 - 3) because of it being Easter.
  • I am spending a few nights at my aunt's next week. She lives in Cambridge itself and it was by staying at her house during the university holidays that I came to fall in love with the city. I loved spending time with her and miss those days so I am completely over the moon about spending a few days with her next week (T is on night shifts so I wouldn't see him anyway and by staying with her I also get the added benefit of being so much closer to work my days will be much shorter!)
  • I have had a pain in my lower back (around the left ovary area) which feels like a combination between a bruise and somebody pulling your hair. I used to get this bruised feeling a day before my period but now I don't have periods and it is just sticking around and annoying me - it hurts to walk (esp up stairs because it pulls) and it hurts to sit down (like someone has thumped me with an iron rod or something). It's not been as bad the last couple of days but I've started having headaches, feeling sick and today could hardly stomach my lunch. It is of course full moon time again and I am always worse around the full moon - even without bleeding my body still keeps to its cycle it seems... maybe I'm a werewolf in disguise, what do you think?
  • Work is getting really busy and I love it - I like being busy it makes the days go quicker. And now that we have two Italian girls and a Belgian girl working there plus someone from Germany and someone from Austria working in other parts of the office it is a linguist's dream!!

That's all I can think of right now, I'm too tired to think much so I'm going to go read in bed I think whilst I wait for T to arrive home from work. Have a wonderful Easter xx

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Amanda,

Enjoy your special visit with your Grandma! :)

Jeanne

P.S. Feel better!!!! :)

Simone said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter break Amanda and hope that you are feeling bettet too.x

Monique Kleinhans said...

I hope you and your Grandma are still giggling...it's so good to share a good giggle fest with someone you love!