Thursday 14 August 2008

Last day tomorrow

I cannot believe it is my last day at the nursery tomorrow - I have only been there 4 and a half months and although it is a huge relief to be leaving after the past four months of financial and health crises, enough to last us a good few years no a good few months, I am still very sad to be leaving so many friends (both in staff and the children). I'm even leaving someone I used to work with at my old nursery and am very sad about this - but if fate brought us together again this time I have no doubt I'll see her again in the future.

I know, I know, I promised a post on T's birthday and a cake I baked and I will get round to that next week, along with photos of the FIFTY fairy cakes I baked for the nursery as a leaving gift. But for tonight I just want to take it easy - chill out and prepare myself for the emotional day tomorrow will be. T is currently cooking us a stir-fry, we will then watch some more Star Trek (we LOVE Star TRek and just discovered "The Best of the Borg" on On Demand :o) Plus Voyager (my fav show as a teenager) has just started to rerun on Birgin 1 each evening - yay! During the ad breaks I'm gonna be making a few goodbye cards and wrapping up books and crystals I have promised friends around the world - busy but also enjoyable!

Last night I finished off my proposal for the German lessons I will be teaching come January - it ended up 12 pages long by the time I had detailed how they would meet several of the new Early Learning Goals in the new curriculum. But I am glad I took the time to do it in such depth because it not only shows professionalism (which I love to do) but it also made it so much clearer in my mind what direction and focus I need to put to the lessons in order for them to fit into the nursery routine the best. I might even take to putting some of them on here (some songs and basic games and phrases we will be learning) if anyone is interested - now I have a working microphone and webcam I could easily record a lesson or two. I'll see what I feel like when the time comes.

But now I smell dinner and am off to enjoy the evening - take care and have a wonderful Friday!

6 comments:

Simone said...

Enjoy your stir fry and Star Trek and enjoy your last day at the nursery tomorrow!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

I hope you have a beautiful stir-fry watching Captian Kirk fall in love with another beautiful women on another far off planet. :) Peace!

Carol said...

I did try to learn German as a teenager, I failed to keep the lessons up - which I now think was such a shame.
I do enjoy a stir fry...you have made me feel hungry. I really shoule be getting on with our now!
Good luck with the proposal.
Carol x

Claire said...

Hiya! How did your last day go?

Clairey xxx

Ragged Roses said...

Hope your last day at Nursery was okay. Hope you enjoyed the stir fry and star trek. Not allowed to mention German in this house as my oldest is waiting for her German GCSE result!
Kimx

this is my patch said...

I really admire anyway who is fluent in another language. I studied German to CSE standard, unfortunately not having used it since, have only a very basic knowledge. I am the cook in our house, but my OH does the occasional stirfry and very good they are too. x