Friday 22 August 2008

Awards

What can I say... I received my first blog award this week. I've seen these awards on other blogs but never dreamed I'd be honoured by one. It's nice to think people enjoy popping along to my little home on the internet to catch up and maybe have a cup of cyber-tea!




So thank you, Tammy, over at Rainbows and Sunshine for nominating me for this award and giving me the awesome pleasure of choosing who to pass it on to. I have chosen to keep it to the minimum of 7 blogs, although this is a hard choice seen as though all the blogs I read are, in my opinion, brilliant (otherwise I wouldn't stop by so often, would I?) But I just feel to pass it on to every blog I read would completely invalidate the whole idea of choosing blogs which I feel, at this time, are posting some especially brilliant pieces for me to read each day.



Please understand though that I value every single blog I visit and the list below are the 7 blogs which have inspired me especially in the past few weeks - this does not mean if I do not pass the award on to you that you haven't inspired me as much in the past because you have all inspired and touched me in ways I cannot tell you!



So without further ado, here are my 7 brilliant blog nominations - along with the award itself and the rules of passing it on. You are by no means obligated to accept the award or to pass it on if I do nominate you - I truly believe in blogging without obligation *hugs*



Louise at This Is My Patch for sharing such beautiful pictures of her world with us - the flowers and freshly grown vegetables always lift me up on grey, sad days

Clairey at Nothing Will Go Wrong whose blog I have loved following as she settled into her new home, shares tales of life which just tickle me to the core, and because I just love visiting

Glenda at I'll Do It Myself Blog. Glenda shares her experiences of living with cerebral palsy and writes such informative and inspiring posts using only her left thumb. I have huge respect for Glenda, and think what she is sharing with the world is incredible.

Kim at Ragged Roses for writing such wonderfully romantic posts, that I can only describe as being akin to the most luscious chocolate, about family life, weekend trips and crafting. It really is like dibbing into a favourite box of chocolates when visiting her blog.

Rebecca at Irish Sally Garden who I first discovered at her other crafting blog, but have since followed her to this new blog where she shares her family's journey into self-sufficiency. Rebecca has inspired T and I to work towards being able to at least grow some vegetables and rear chickens in our future (plus it has re-inspired our love of the tv show The Good Life hehe)

Erika and Bryce at Love From LV for sharing the journey they are taking with their daughter, Caroline. Having worked with teenagers with special needs I was aware of a certain amount of the difficulties as well as joys of being around those with different needs to our own but their blog has really opened my eyes to even deeper levels of joy and pain and I am very grateful for their blog!

Fergus at My Diary of Triplet Fatherhood for sharing the joys and trials of bringing up triplets. I have followed this blog pretty much since it was started and just love to read about how the girls are growing and how life with triplets differs from life with a single child.

I hope you enjoy visiting and reading some of these blogs as much as I do!

For those who wish to pass on this award, follow these simple steps:


1) Add the logo of the award to your blog

2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you

3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs

4) Add links to those blogs on your blog

5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

7 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my goodness your comment bought a tear to my eye! I need to get a grip - big time!

I do enjoy tickling to the core.

I will post mine over the weekend.

Oh happy Clairey, thanks honey xxx

this is my patch said...

I really do feel so privileged to be named alongside such worthy winning blogs. Thanks for the descriptions of each. I shall do my best to remember to pop over to them when I have worked my way through my blogrolls! Thank you very much for the award, I shall display it with pride. x

Ragged Roses said...

Wow Amanda, thanks for such wonderful words, I'm blushing! That was so generous of you to say such lovely things. I am so pleased to hear that you have received an award, congratulations Amanda you really deserve it! Take care
Kimx

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Oh Amanda. You write with such care and love. I adore your blog and you so deserve this award and more! *hugs* I can't wait to go through and read all of your friends that you nominated. :) Peace!

Claire said...

I've tagged you! xx

Carol said...

Congratulations Amanda on your Award. You do have a lovely Blog.
Take care and big Hugs,
Carol xx

Claire said...

Hiya, Im back in the land of blogging at last, thanks for your little messages, hopefully now I can resume normality here. Now I just need to catcj up with yours and a million other blogs...lol.....Claire x