Thursday 11 October 2007

A question about websites

I would like to set up a website now that I have some income and can afford to do so without resorting to the free ones where half the page is covered in adverts I dislike. My question is for those of you who have a website you pay for - who hosts it, how did you design it, and would you suggest anything to help me in choosing how to go about doing this myself?

I want a website where I can post a variety of written work in various categories: childrens'; poetry; spiritual; adult themes/issues and perhaps a section on writing tips along with an area where I will later hope to display what I wish to sell if I ever get over my fears and get my business venture running. So any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Got to go - am off to a Criminology lecture now!

2 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Sorr y can't help you on the website - I'm useless at those kind of things. Good luck with it though. A criminology lecture sounds very interesting
Kim

Joanna said...

Thankyou for dropping by my blog, I'm sure I will leave you another comment on your posts as I'm enjoying reading your blog.

As for websites, I get myemailshop.co.uk to host it and they are resonable and have been very helpful. I use dreamweaver to put it all together and I'm sure you can find that one the computers at the univesity. I have had two hours of lessons with it which gives me just anough to put something together. Happy to help just email me if you have more questions.