Saturday 20 October 2007

New site


I decided not to plunge straight into the paid webhosting services and went back to Typepad, remembering fondly my days there earlier this year. My personal blog is staying with blogger... I do not want to move it yet again... but I have started my writing on back over there as it gives me far more scope to expand in future if my writing continues to grow as it is doing so far.

If you'd like to go visit (but bear in mind it is still in the beginning stages and I have not yet decided if I am happy with the look - I'm seeing if it grows on me or not) the please click here.

I've had to make some tough decisions regarding my writing... I have recently begun writing stories which are very deep and contain very mature subjects and although I am very proud with the results and the feedback I've been getting has been brilliant, I do feel that posting them on the same site as my children's stories might not be the most effective marketing tactic. I am upset, however, that this does not allow me to showcase my range - I am able to write far more than nice poetry and children's tales. It has been a hard decision to make, but I just do not feel it would be my best option to post them all on one site (even though that was my first desire when thinking of setting up a website). The last thing I want to do is offend somebody or put people off...

In other news, I shall be posting the next giveaway over the next few days - I'd do it today but I really need to charge my batteries so I can take a picture of the prize. So please do visit soon. Ad let me know what you think to the new blog and my choice to keep certain pieces of my work away from it. Am I, in your professional opinions, doing the right thing or am I selling myself short and not trusting my readers to make their own choices? It really is a difficult one to judge!

Have a wonderful weekend everybody
Amanda xx

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I really should read posts in order, and comment in order. I like the look of typepad will come over and visit you there.