Thursday 12 March 2009

Our New Home


Here it is! Sorry about the long wait you've all had in seeing this. We've only just got our internet connected at home and both T and I have been stuck at home these past two weeks with first the flu and now sinusitis (meaning we're now finding the joys of antibiotics *bleugh*). I made it to work this morning but had to come home halfway through the day. We're a bit sick of being sick now and looking forward to my parents coming this weekend to help us set up a vegetable garden.

Because of this we haven't got the house sorted as quickly as possible and so I haven't taken photos inside yet - but let me introduce you to our beautiful surroundings... most importantly the church that sits right opposite our house.



And just so you don't think I am exagerrating about how close we are to this - here is a photo of our house from the graveyard (which, incidentally I walked through one night after getting off my bus a stop too soon - let's just say I'm not walking through a dark graveyard alone again any time soon - it was a bit creepy to say the least).



Do you see our house, behind the bush? If that's not enough proof for you - here is the church view from our meditation room...



Isn't that just perfect? I am so sad we will only be living here for a short time but am ready to make the absolute most of our time here!!

One last thing about our new home I will introduce you to this time (and I promise more will follow when I feel a bit better) is the neighbourhood cat (who we are told by the owners is called "Kitty" hehe). We don't know who Kitty belongs to but she certainly enjoys coming in to see us. Nearly every time we open a door she runs inside the house (and sometimes straight upstairs meaning we have to leave the office door closed at all times to protect our hamster!!) She loves to curl up with us and has mighty sharp claws she "knits" our legs with when she is happy - oh but she is so happy we don't mind. Here is T and Kitty having another one of their cuddles - T is quite besotted with her - but not so impressed that I have cottoned on to this and insist on getting evidence - see the face he is pulling in the photo hehe


I've loved not being tied to my computer all the time and am planning on spending far less time online so it may take me quite some time to catch up with you all - but I will catch up as I do think of you all lots.
Take care
Amanda x













4 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

I LOVE the house!!!

Simone said...

It is lovely to hear from you Amanda! Your new house looks lovely. At least living by the graveyard you wont have noisy neighbours!!! I used to live opposite a Victorian Cemetary and it didn't worry me at all. I hope this house is a positive start for you, and what fun starting up a vegetable garden!

this is my patch said...

The house and surrounding area are lovely, I can see why you would want to stay. Don't worry about the graveyard, its the alive people that do more harm, not the dead ones! Please keep us up to date with the veggie patch, vegetable growing in my garden will be very limited this year as my new job stops me from getting outside as much as I would like. I plan to do runner beans, summer squash and tomatoes at least! x

Jeanne said...

Amanda,

The house looks lovely! What great pictures! I hope you enjoy your offline time at home with your honey. :) Have fun with your vegetable garden. My hubby just bought some seeds.

Jeanne

P.S. You said you're only going to live there a short time?