Thursday 6 November 2008

Peanut butter and...

What do you eat that people say "ew that's weird" when they hear it?

The other day I asked T if we had any peanut butter. This is a strange request from me because I tend to like quite bland food (although recently I have really taken to much stronger flavours). He asked me why I wanted peanut butter and my response was - "to put on my cereal".

It seemed quite normal to me. You see, one summer when I was on camp we ran out of milk at breakfast and the girl sat beside me decided to eat peanut butter with her cornflakes and banana and whereas everyone else looked on in disgust I thought I'd try it. So I put a dollop of peanut butter on the side of my bowl, filled it with cornflakes and sliced banana and with each mouthful I'd take a slice of banana, some flakes and a small bit of butter. It was a bit dry but oh so yummy! That was actually my first experience of peanut butter (we never had things like that when I was little - we didn't even have chocolate spread!)

So, I was quite peturbed the other day when we didn't have any peanut butter and made T buy us some yesterday. I made him try peanut butter cornflakes this morning and he still thinks it's weird hehe. Oh well - I guess I'm alone in this.

So, am I the only one with a weird food choice?

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hiya hunny!! Thankyou for you lovely comment! I've managed to put some girly things around the house too...lol.
I love peanut butter but havent tried your combo, I love it with banana!! A nice combination is philadelphia cheese with jam on crispbread, its a bit like a cheesecake but not as naughty. Marmite is also a big fave and I love that with cheese too!
Claire xx

Carol said...

Hello and hugs winging their way back to you too.
Sounds very yummy to me...I like weid combinations sometimes, well they seem quite mormal to me it the others who think I am odd.
I love hot milk poured over my Shredded Wheat which has lots of and thickly spread Cold Butter on, then I put lots of suger on the melting butter....yummmm. Not quite as odd as yours but very delicious.
Carolxxxx

Redwoodhouse said...

I love the taste of peanut butter but can never get off the roof of my mouth. My Mr thinks it odd that I like to have thin bread and spread with a dish of fruit and cream!!
Jan

Louise said...

My other half has Weetabix with butter on, yuk! x