Wednesday 4 April 2007

Poor babies

Our babies are sick yet again...

One girl was off with chicken pox - yes it's still going around! Then another boy got an infection (down there) which looked SO painful. On Monday one of our babies had a temp of almost 40 (over 103 to you guys!) and she was so limp and floppy it was horrible to watch, the poor darling. And then yesterday another one had a temp of over 38 - about 101.5 and he was really sleepy and wanted cuddles all the time and he never does that!

They're not sick as in they're not throwing up and pooing all the time - but there is something going around and it's started to reach the staff too! Two of the new girls were sent home this week because they were feeling so rough - which shows me that even though I'm feeling ill I am still able to function whereas when I was still the new girl I'd stay at work but be no use to anybody when I caught something! Improvement, at last!!

Anyway - I have one of those headaches you only get when you're ill with a slightly raised temp, you know the ones? Not nice - and I even dreamt I was being sick - ewwww. And I'm hoping I don't have a repeat of yesterday when I had to make a mad rush to the toilet a couple of times! But I've only got 2 more days 'til the long Easter weekend and as it's already the school holidays quite a few of our babies are off anyway - meaning we are having some fairly quiet days - quiet as in not many babies to feed and change - not quiet as in they do't make as much noise as they possibly can to make up for the lack of other babies in the room LOL

Bless - you gotta love 'em and I surely do :o)

2 comments:

Chastity said...

Wow! In daycare's here, if the baby has a temp over 100F they can't attend daycare that day; they're considered contagious.

Amanda and Tim said...

Yeah - this would be why I get ill so often!! I can't count the times a parent has come in and said "oh they had a fever last night but I think they're ok now" or a baby will have a diarrhoea nappy and the nursery will be like "our policy is they have to have 3 in one day for us to send them home" - SHEESH!! I know my babies and when they are quite blatantly ill and not themselves they should be at home not with us when we can't give them as much attention as they need. I've had many an argument with my manager over this!