Wednesday 7 May 2008

The bedroom

Thanks for the lovely comments left after the last post - here for your viewing pleasure is the next room (typed up as I sit on my sofa, struggling to breathe through the rotten chesty cough and not puke from the stomach bug I pick up from work *sigh*)
That's the view of our room from the corner where our built-in cupboard and wooden and cloth combination wardrobe and drawers stand guard over the storage heater we no longer want to see!! The door to the room is to the right of the picture (you can see my coat and bag hanging on it!) You might not be able to tell but our bed is literally a mattress on the floor still - I joke to T about it but truly I am so used to it I think sleeping in a proper bed would be weird!

The cabinets you see were put up the night before I took this picture and I spent that morning tying to fit books and things in whilst keeping it looking like a nice display - I truly think every bit of furniture can become a part of the whole display if you are careful. The table is the third one of the set we bought and as it was a much darker wood than our cheaply bought cabinets I covered it in a beautifully hand-embroidered tablecloth my Grandma got from someone she once knew.

Said tablecloth -sorry about the fuzziness of the picture, remember that they were taken on a mobile phone!! Once I get my new camera I will take some closer shots to show how beautiful the embroidery is! The flowers were from T and the candle holder, my gift from his sister and family. There is a little lavender sachet I made in the centre of the table, made with the lavender I won in a giveaway from Ragged Roses last year!

Here's our Reiki table (on top of the bookcase). It now has a chinese bamboo on it as well, which we bought after I took the pictures. The crystals are T's chakra set and the picture one I made for him last year for his birthday with the Japanese symbols for Reiki and the lyrics from a song, rewording the Reiki principles. There's also my little faery trinket box to finish it off and watch over the proceedings with care and attention. Please don't ask me what the long metal thing on the left is though, it belongs to T and I have no idea what it is myself but it looked right there so that is where I left it lol!



This is my version of a bedside table - hehe! My trusty notebook and pen always by my side to jot things down in (you wouldn't believe how many noepads I have lying around the place!) I've also got the latest copy of Country Living that my parents brought dow for me (I really must change the delivery address) and a book I bought because I adored The Nanny Diaries by the same authors. I haven't enjoyed Citizen Girl so much, maybe because I know the world of childcare and could laugh along with the main character of the previous book, but the world of high-flying city feminist workers is not one I can relate to... hmmmm. Anyway I finished the book last night so I need to find a new one to adorn my little bedside shelf.



And whilst I'm in the bedroom I thought I would take a moment to show you my sweetheart's fantastic craft skills. This is the box he painstakingly printed out, cut and stuck (with superglue that melted his bedsheet lol) all by himself so that I would have a lovely first Valentine's Day gift from him. Each rose is delicately folded - I have no idea how he managed it withou going crazy!! And inside...

nestled on a bed of scented fabric rose petals was a gorgeous pearl and red swarovski crystal neckalce his mum made to go with the pearl and silver bead bracelet that was my Christmas present from him. I can tell you I have never been more spoiled in all my life! I'm gonna treasure this box and necklace for the rest of my days.
Incidentally, T's mum and sister are making a lot of necklaces and looking to start their own business in future, so keep your eyes and ears peeled ;o)
I'm off to get another drink and try to flush this bug or whatever it is through my system - take care and speak soon!
Amanda xx






7 comments:

Chastity said...

I can't wait to see more :).

Anonymous said...

HANG ON TO HIM!!!!!!

Cherry xoxoxoxox

Claire said...

From one ill person to another....get well soon! Clairey xxxx

Anonymous said...

lovely amanda. hoping to get some of my flat up and around soon cause you've inspired me

I am so glad you are happy

GET WELL SOON Sending some healing over

mamapé said...

oh your house is so beautiful!!!!!! i'm so happy for you, it looks totally calm and like a wonderful clear space that you can gather your thoughts in and have lots of much loved objects close to you :) i'm sure you're going to do some wonderful writing there- how could you not, being with your love? :) oohhh- i'm still so happy and fuzzy in my tummy for you thinking of you being in love and at peace inside- it's making me well up in my pregnant emotionality (is that a word!? LOL) :D *BIG HUG!!* it's just so fantastic seeinf your house because you can really see how you're not scared anymore to arrange your life the way you want to, and how Tim is totally on the same wavelength- isn't it fabulous when you just meet that person? i'm totally convinced that he's the one for you, and i'm pretty sure you are pretty settled into the idea! :D do you think you guys will ever get married, or is that not really your thing? i'm not sure how you stand on that principle... anyways, you look totally married already- in the good way! i,ll post some pictures of our flat on LJ soon, so you'll have to go and check them out :) it's very different to yours- a bit smaller, and lots and lots of colours on the walls, as we both like that :) (besides, in Winter here, white is the most depressing colour to have inside, as everything outside is already white, grey, and dark! :)

finally, in this very long comment- do you think you'll have any free time this year in August? i know it must be tricky for you to get any time off right now, which is why i'm asking in advance- me and hubby (not referred to by name on Blogger as it's a bit too public for my privacy-driven darling!) will be in England for a whole glorious month- the 3rd August to the 27th!! we'll be in London with a friend from the 3rd to the 7th, but we could meet there if that's easier, and we'll be in Scotland from the 16th-23rd, but aside from that, maybe we can find some way to meet up? if you can't come up, maybe we can come down, as Cambrdige is so beautiful! we're just trying to limit travel a bit, as i'll be 6months by then, but however we do it, we MUST meet!- so much has happened to us both since little old Clarkson Drive! :) anyways, time to go and continue working on our new wooden and glass door! :) *hugs* darling, and get well soon :) R

Petit Elefant said...

I just found your charming little blog; love it! Come say hello at Petit Elefant sometime.
Be well,
Allison

Brenda B said...

I'm so happy things are working out for you Amanda, and that you're where you want to be. I enjoyed my few days in Cambridge in April, I've always liked the area.

Pop over to my blog when you have time.... I've tagged you!