Saturday 24 February 2007

Post number 50 - whooo!

And I'm starting to wonder if during my absence even my few readers have deserted me and if the multiple posts of late will all fall into oblivion... ah well... que sera and all that!

I've just sent off my cv and a speculative cover letter to this company. That's it - I've made the final decision to really go for it now. I know, I know it took me far too long to make that decision - and I knew I had to make it - but sometimes making the decision is the hardest step, don't you think?

Anyways, I'm looking for work that still has a child care and development slant but is less care orientated (which is terribly low-paid and very demanding) towards something perhaps more office or research based which is usually better paid and more secure with more chances of progression.

So wish me luck with my new job hunt. I've stated in my letter that I would be willing to relocate for the right job - so it could mean I may be moving again - SO much upheaval - but then again it's not like I've got lots of friends and contacts here to say goodbye to - better to move for a good job now than stay in a crappy job for ages just to feel some sense of "settled"!

No comments: